APA General Assembly Resolutions
RESOLUTIONS OF THE AMERINDIAN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION\u2019S 6TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY, MAINSTAY, REGION #2 \u2013 25-27 MAY 2002
9. Amerindian peoples have the right to own and manage protected areas in their traditional lands for the benefit of their peoples and for all Guyanese.
10. Amerindian land rights must be resolved with the full participation of Amerindian peoples as stated in the National Development Strategy that was unanimously endorsed by Parliament.
11. Being cognizant of the potential for a conflict of interest, Toshaos must not be employed by conservation organisations and/or other entities.
12. Amerindian communities must be informed and educated about protected areas before making any decisions regarding protected areas.
13. Communities must have the opportunity to exercise their right to seek assistance and advice from Amerindian organisations and legal entities.
You may access the full-length version of the General Assembly Resolutions by clicking here.
Link to the Guyana Amerindian Peoples Association: www.sdnp.org.gy/apa/